Skill WOW 16: Execution Boxes
1. There are definitely some critiques of Coyle’s The Talent Code, but I have found value in using methods like this to teach different ‘types of skill’.
2. Our demo here was a bit limited (see players running into nets) and the surface not ideal for sharp cutting, nonetheless there is a lot of value grooving these patterns. Like most of the drills I have presented, this drill is scalable to a variety of speeds, skill levels, etc.
3. Adjust your ‘points’ or ‘rewards’ (or preferred lack thereof) as needed.
4. Box size we use is about 15-20 yards wide, 8 yards upfield from the thrower, and 5 yards backfield from the thrower.
5. I don’t travel on that flick 😉 (indoors it felt different and I thought at first I might have). If you thought I did at first glance, you should probably start questioning how often you should be calling travels….